The Netherlands are my favourite country when it comes to short breaks, but still I´m always looking for instagrammable places apart from the picturesque houses and canals of Amsterdam or the North Sea coast.
The two biggest cities of the Netherlands Amsterdam (pop.: 82000) and Den Haag (pop.: 515000) have a lot more to offer than these two sights.
- Only a 15min ride on the tram from downtown Den Haag away is Scheveningen. Numerous bars and restaurants are aligning along the North Sea coast. The whole area around the coast always makes me feel as if I was at the Côte d’azure.
- Club Vers
- address: Stationsweg 136a, 2515 BS Den Haag, NL
- At Club Vers I had the best sweet potato fries ever and trust me I had many before. No wonder that even Victoria Secret model Romee Strijd comes by when she is in the Netherlands. Apart from the healthy and good food, the service is super nice and friendly. In summer you should definitely sit outside and and watch the people passing by. They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner and also make my beloved smoothie and salad bowls. They even have sugar-free, lactose-free, gluten-free and vegan dishes.
- Mook Pancakes
- address: De Clercqstraat 34, 1052 MZ Amsterdam, NL
- Looking for the best decorated pancakes in Amsterdam? – then I can recommend you to go to Mook. They have different variations of pancakes, beginning with blueberries to chocolate sauce and ending with Bacon and cheese. Another plus point is their restaurant itself because it is pure #interiorgoals
- Raw Materials
- address: Rozengracht 231, 1016 NA Amsterdam, NL
- Talking about interior, if you’re looking for something that doesn’t scream for IKEA, Raw Materials is the place to go. They offer high quality and unique interior pieces and furniture. I would love to decorate my whole living room with their pieces, because there is always a story behind them. I also like the fact that many of their articles are recycled.